Monday, August 9, 2010

This might get smelly

Earlier this summer, I accidentally dropped a doggy treat down the air vent in our living room. I removed the metal covering in a lame rescue attempt, but the artificially-flavored pizza treat had disappeared down the rabbit hole. Whatever, it didn’t seem like a big deal at the time, out of sight=out of mind, so I quickly forgot about the incident…until last week.

With the heat index regularly hitting triple digits, some of my friends and coworkers are already pining for the cool Fall and Winter days ahead. I’m not a fan of the cold, but this summer has been rough for us Missourians. For example, I haven’t really been paying attention to the humidity records this year, but tonight it’s supposed to reach 82% humidity. Yuck. So I’m kinda excited for Fall, and Winter can go f*ck itself. Unfortunately, Missouri seems to skip over the Spring and Fall months and bounce directly between Winter and Summer.

Anyway, while everyone’s talking about how nice it will be to step outside without specific body parts breaking into sweat, and how much they’re looking forward opening the windows for some fresh Fall air, it suddenly occurs to me that I have a decaying doggy treat stuck in my air vent. With Missouri’s recent track record, after I turn off the air conditioning, I’ll only have a couple pleasant weeks before I’ll have to turn on the heat. So what’s going to happen when I have hot air blowing over my logged doggy treat? Will my house be filled with the aromatic scent of burnt pizza? I can imagine Forest becoming obsessed with finding the hidden treat whose scent magically radiates from every room. Or will my home be infested by scavenging bugs that plan on rationing this rotting doggy treat for the coming winter months? Ugh, it’s too hot to think, maybe I can ignore this problem for a few more months…
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment