Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sleepy Puppy


I’ve never had kids so I’m pretty uninformed on the subject of child rearing, but I’m going to make an observation and hopefully not piss off any parents who may be reading this: it seems like having a puppy is a lot like having a baby. Many of the complaints I have about raising a puppy sound very similar to the complaints I hear from the few parents I know. Things like, “He won’t sleep more than 5 minutes at a time, I feel like a caffeine fueled zombie,” or “He’s such a picky eater, and is he supposed to throw up this much?” (although the finicky eating habits may be unique to Forest, most of the dogs I know will eat anything) and “Dear God, breath thru your mouth, he just pooped pure evil.”
Luckily, Forest is a big fan of naps. After constantly checking on the puppy every 30 seconds for over a month to make sure he wasn’t peeing, pooping, chewing, scratching, choking, falling or running away, we can finally ignore him for a half hour or even –gasp!- an hour at a time. I’ve searched thru my extensive photo collection and picked out some of the cutest “holy shit, he’s finally quiet and not moving” moments to share with you.
Sometimes Forest finds the oddest places to sleep.
Like on the step of a sliding glass door…

…on my shoes…

…on a chair leg...

…or in a gym bag.

Forest has a habit of sneaking under chairs for a nap. We’ve had many “Crap, where the hell is the- oh he’s under my chair again” moments.



He’s not ashamed to show off the goods (while he still has them).


Looks like Forest figured out what a pillow is used for.



I love this picture. Forest laid down first, the rest of the guys soon followed. Awww.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment