Thursday, September 10, 2009

Forest’s New Haircut

When I was a kid, my family had a wonderful chocolate lab named Pike. He had very short hair and a terrible shedding problem (he was one of those dogs who would reward you with a handful of dog hair when petted, yuck). As far as I can remember, he never needed a haircut and had the same hair length his entire life.

Since Goldendoodles are hybrids, their coats can vary between litters and even littermates. The Goldendoodle breeder who gave us Forest has this information posted on their website:

COAT TYPES
wool - very curly coat like a poodle. This type of coat requires some brushing and grooming.
fleece - wavy to loose curls. This type of coat doesn't require much grooming besides an occasional brushing and snip with scissors.
hair - straight and flat to wispy and moderately long. This coat doesn't require any grooming besides an occasional brush.

Forest’s puppy fur looks like fleece; the hair is wavy and thankfully doesn’t need to be brushed very often. Forest won’t fuss when we have to pull poop out of the hair around his anus but squirms when we gently brush him, he’s such a weird dog.

Based on his current coat type, I knew Forest would need haircuts every now and then, but I wasn’t expecting his hair to grow as fast as a Chia pet (or as fast as a Chia pet is supposed to grow, I could never get those things to work correctly, my Scooby Doo head always had a bald patch).


When Forest’s hair gets long, Nick will refer to him as the Ewok.


I can kinda see the resemblance.



We wanted Forest to look spiffy for Labor Day weekend, so he got a haircut right before we left town.



I don’t think they cut the hair on his ears or tail, so his ears now look like pigtails to me :)

Looks good little guy!


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment