Thursday, August 12, 2010

Twin Lakes: Windier than the Windy City

Forest, Nick and I spent Memorial Day weekend at the Iowa cabin. It was hot and windy most of the weekend.  Fortunately the wind kept most of the bugs away (we were plagued by bugs at the Iowa cabin over the 4th of July. I wouldn’t have minded so much but they kept going after my beer…not cool.) Unfortunately this wasn’t a pleasant, cooling wind; it basically just moved the hot air around. But it did produce some funny Forest photos…
We don’t have a lot of trees in our neighborhood (there’s only one measly tree in our yard that sheds like 5 leaves in the fall) so Forest was thrilled to find plenty of sticks from the numerous trees planted around the Iowa cabin.
"Yay! I’m going to nom nom this here stick.”


“Why do I keep chewing on hair? Stupid wind, stop blowing my beard into my mouth!”

“WTF? A part of my stick blew away! I want it back!”




“That’s it, I give up.”

Forest spent a lot of his time hiding under our chairs from the brutal sun, but he couldn’t escape the wind.



We tried to limit our use of the air conditioner, so the windows were open most of the weekend. Forest found a wind tunnel and spent a lot of time in this spot, trying to cool off. Finally, we discovered a situation where the wind was actually useful.


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. At least he weighs enough to not get blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lunar! I’m pretty fond of him :)

    Good point Richard. I was wearing flip-flops all weekend so that would have been an awkward chase.

    ReplyDelete