Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I have a crappy sense of time; close friends and family might even say it's non-existent. For example, I routinely forget what day of the week it is. A "quick" grocery run usually lasts 30 minutes. Last time someone asked me how old I was, I actually had to pause for a moment and think about it. If I tell Nick I'll be ready to go in 5 minutes, he always asks "Is that in real time or Calli time?"

So when I published my last post on Friday, my brain didn't comprehend that Mother's Day was just two days away, making Sunday the perfect day to admit that I refer to myself as Forest's Mommy. And when I finally started working on a real Mother's Day post, I didn't give myself enough time to actually post it on Mother's Day. Sigh. Good thing Forest has no sense of time either.

So in delayed celebration of Mother's Day, here are some pics of Forest's grandmothers and aunt (yes, we have extended our lame reference to include immediate family members. Luckily they find it adorable…or now are a little scared of us and just acting like it's adorable as to not upset the crazy dog couple).

Nick's mom holding little baby Forest.


This photo was taken almost a year ago during the 4th of July holiday when Nick's family met Forest for the first time I had the fantastic idea to keep Forest a secret until that weekend so he would be a surprise. I am not smart.

My family right before a yummy Thanksgiving dinner (including Dad because I thought it would be weird to cut him out of a family photo, so Happy Mother's Day Poppo!).


My beautiful mother is on the far left and my sister (mother of Leo – see here and here for more) is in the middle holding Forest. The photo is a little blurry because Forest thought this was the perfect moment to give my sister a quick kiss. That's a sly puppy right there.

A belated Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there!


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment