Thursday, May 27, 2010

Doggy Bed

Well crap, I haven't posted in two weeks. Sorry folks, but it's been freaking busy around here. Nick has a new work schedule so I'm now Forest's personal chauffer. Every morning I drop the puppy off at doggy day-care and then pick him up after work. Add that to my daily commute and I'm spending 1.5 to 2 hours in the car every weekday.  Yes, yuck. I've considered not taking Forest to doggy day-care at all, but that would mean locking him up in a crate for over 10 hours a day. Not only does that sound like a very unpleasant day for the puppy, it's also unlikely he'll actually last that long (as I unfortunately experienced when I tried to sleep in one weekend).

Further complicating our situation:
a) Things are a tad hectic at the office right now so I need to work longer hours.
b) The typical summer social events have quickly filled up our schedule; consequently, we don't have a completely free weekend until mid-August.  
c) I'm maintaining three To Do lists. I have the normal Things To Do list, like buy more dog food. Then there's the Things That Really Should Have Been Done Already list, such as register and implant an identity chip for Forest.  And finally the Holy Shit I Can't Believe We Still Haven't Done This list, which luckily doesn't contain any doggy related items (but contains other embarrassing tasks like "buy wedding gifts for the three weddings we've already attend this year." I promise people, those gifts are coming. Not to throw out lame excuses but we've been out of town a lot lately and I easily lose track of time. But yes, I understand that we still suck.)

Fortunately, even with all of this other crap going on in our lives, we still find time to spoil the puppy :) For example, we finally bought Forest his own bed.


Yay, puppy bed!


Forest loves to prop his head up on pillows and blankets, so we picked a bed with rigid sides.



Before we bought the bed, I made sure it was washer-friendly. Some dog beds just have a removable cover or can't be washed at all, but we can stick this entire bed into the washer AND dryer.


I've already washed it once to get all the pet store cooties off it, but if Forest keeps slobbering all over his toys in bed, it's going to need another wash soon.

Doesn't Forest look like a sad, old dog in this photo? He really needed a haircut, and it might have been a little too early for him…























"Um, it's 5:30 in the morning. Give the camera a rest, crazy lady."



Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Hey, now you guys can have your pillows back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think so, but Forest has decided that all squishy surfaces in the house belong to him.

    ReplyDelete