Friday, May 7, 2010

Really wish we'd remember not to do this in public...

I don't have a clear recollection of how this happened, but I think it started out as a joke. Baby Forest was so similar to a real human baby (no bladder control, threw up regularly, odd eating schedule, kept us up all night, needed constant attention) that Nick and I started referring to each other as his Daddy and Mommy. Yes, I am aware that this is totally lame, but unfortunately it's now habit.

Meet Forest's Daddy:

This is one of the most adorable photos I've ever taken of our puppy. The breeder had turned Forest over to us that morning so we had been puppy owners for maybe one hour. Forest was a tad apprehensive of us and his new surroundings. At one point Nick gently picked him up and cradled the little dog in his arms. Forest rolled those perfect puppy-dog eyes up at Nick, as if inquiring "Are you going to be my new daddy?"


And Forest's Mommy:

A little while ago I posted this photo as my profile picture on Facebook. I could have used the full photo but decided to crop out Forest's nether-regions. Really didn't want people thinking of puppy junk when they saw my Facebook posts. 


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. awww i know plenty of people who refer to themselves as the daddy and mommy of their fur kids hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, glad to know we're not alone in this :)

    ReplyDelete