Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Where my humans at?"

Forest is basically catatonic while riding in a car. He'll just lie against the back seat and watch the driver or fall asleep. The puppy doesn't stand up or look out the window or bark at anything. Every once in awhile Forest will change the direction in which he's laying but that's about it.

However, this dog has control issues that pop up when the car is parked and no longer in motion. As Nick puts it, Forest always wants to know where his humans are. If Nick and I are both in the car and just one of us gets out (like at a gas station or to run into a store real quick) Forest freaks out. He couldn't care less that one parent is still in the car, he wants to know where the hell the other person is. Forest will whimper, pace back and forth on the seat and jump up on the car door to look out the window. Sometimes he barks a little.

Even when he can see the other person is like a foot away pumping gas, Forest doesn't calm down until that person is back in the car. Kind of makes the parent who's still in the car and totally being ignored feel a tad worthless. Once I climbed into the backseat to keep him company but nope, he wanted to know where the fuck Nick was. So new strategy, next time he starts pining away for the missing parent, I'm going to ignore him. Take that puppy dog! 

(I'm fully aware that this will only last 20 seconds before my heart melts and I climb over car seats to comfort my sad puppy but I will attempt it nonetheless).


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment