Monday, September 13, 2010

Forest’s First Pighide

Our friend Lisa has mentioned how much her dog Bailey likes Bully Sticks. She even sent me an adorable photo of the puppy chewing on her “cigar”. Oh la la, very classy.




I thought about buying Forest some Bully Sticks, but then I researched what they actually are:
Bully Sticks consist entirely of pure bull penises. This is the only ingredient in the product.

Followed by the gross manufacturing details:
Bully Sticks are manufactured by first removing the bull penis, cleaning it and hanging it upside down to allow fluids to run out. The bull penis is then stretched and sometimes twisted, and then dried or smoked.
Source

Sooooo, although I’m sure dogs love the taste of dried-up bull willy, my puppy ain’t going anywhere near them. I compromised and bought Forest his first pighide (which, as a vegetarian, was a really weird shopping cart item).

“For me?”


“I’ll humor you and just chew on this here end.”


“Hmm, that’s actually pretty good.”


“Holy poop, this is fantastic!” Nom nom nom


“Maybe I’ll try this angle.”


“What? It's yummy.”


“Shhhh, we’re having a staring contest.”


Not quite as classy as Bailey, but I think Forest is pretty happy with his cigar as well.



Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, for whatever reason, dogs LOVE those! Glad you avoided the Bull!

    ReplyDelete