Monday, August 24, 2009

How Forest Spent His Sunday

Yesterday, Nick and I spent most of the day staining and sealing the back porch (the deck looks so amazing now that it’s almost worth the sunburn, splinters, back pain and stain spots that still won’t wash off my skin). Anyway, we thought it would be cruel to lock Forest in his crate all day, so we decided to keep him outside with us. But we knew we were going to be busy and wouldn’t be able to watch him the whole time. I could just picture Forest playing around the ladder or trying to drink out of the cans of deck sealant.

Our solution was to pound a tent stake into the middle of the yard and tie Forest to it with a leash. I thought he might get bored since the leash wasn’t long enough to let him run around a lot, so I brought him some toys to play with. It was very sunny, and after while I noticed that his black fur felt warm, so I dragged the deck umbrella out of the garage and set it up next to him. Soon after that, I filled his water dish and put it outside as well (later in the day I dumped crushed ice into his water dish, Forest found it very entertaining to swat at the bowl until some ice sloshed out and then eat it off the lawn).

In the end, Forest spent most of his Sunday like this:




Nick said that everyone who glanced into our backyard probably thought Forest was the most spoiled dog in the whole neighborhood. I can’t say they're wrong.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment