Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Forest + Squeaky Hippo = Love

We refer to one of Forest's doggy toys as the Squeaky Hippo because Fucking Annoying Dog Toy That Makes Our Ears Bleed is just too long for casual conversation.



It is the epitome of squeaky dog toys, so much so that a few months ago Nick placed Squeaky Hippo above our entertainment center where Forest couldn't see or reach it.

Squeaky Hippo sat there for so long that I was worried people might think it was actually part of our décor, so last night I took it down. I was about to hide the toy somewhere else when I remembered how much Forest used to enjoy playing with it. "He would be so happy to see it again," I thought. "Besides, it's just a cheap toy, we're probably remembering the sound to be much more annoying than it really is."

"YAY! My hippo is back!"







I was so very, very wrong. During the months that Squeaky Hippo sat dormant above our TV, Forest grew to almost full-size and developed a much stronger bite. That damn hippo is just as irritating as we remembered it being, plus Forest can now chomp down on it harder and faster than before.















But I feel guilty about taking it away again; Forest LOVES Squeaky Hippo, and he's just so damn cute with it.

































So we're implementing a time limit on their play sessions. Last night Forest got to drool over Squeaky Hippo for approximately 7 minutes before Nick threatened to burn it.

"Yum, tasty hippo."


Share/Bookmark

3 comments: