Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tough Puppy

Forest is a tough little shit. Does he freak out when the aloof, neighborhood German Shepherd bolts into our yard with a clear-cut path to my little puppy? Nope, Forest stands his ground and barks like a cranky old canine, "Get off my lawn!" Luckily, he has yet to actually engage another dog in real battle, so I've only observed his fighting skills when he's playing with other dogs. But if he's as serious about fighting as he is about playing, then man, the other dog is fucked.

Our friends Adam and Jessica have a boxer named Vinny. This dog is incredibly sweet but completely oblivious of its size. He won't think twice about lumbering onto the couch for a quick cuddle.

Sorry Vinny, but size does matter and you are not a lap dog.

Last month Adam and Jessica invited us over to their house to watch the Iowa Hawkeyes beat ass in the Orange Bowl game. I tried to be a good fan and watch the game, but I was thoroughly distracted by Vinny and Forest.
Those two went at each other practically non-stop for two hours. It was hilarious.

Forest fought dirty too. I found out he's an ankle biter!

Our friend Dave also brought over his dog Paddy, but Forest and Vinny wouldn't include him in their doggy games.

Vinny had a unique fighting strategy. Every time Forest attacked from behind, Vinny tried to sit on my puppy. 

   Forest is just a big dog who's conveniently trapped in a small dog's body.

Kinda hard to watch a football game when you got this type of ruckus between you and the TV.

"I will eat your foot."

I'm not really sure what Forest is doing in this picture, but Vinny looks concerned.

Forest went home a very happy puppy.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment