Thursday, February 4, 2010

Puppy's First Christmas – Part One

My lack of recent activity on this blog is proof that I haven't had much success with one of my New Year's resolutions: stop procrastinating and just focus. So I finally downloaded all of the photos off my camera and now have some cute pics of Forest’s first Christmas.
While I visited my folks in Colorado, Nick and Forest visited more family in Iowa.

Forest’s first Christmas present.


Obviously he didn’t understand the concept of a wrapped present...



…or a taped box.


So while Forest remained distracted by the box, Nick finished unwrapping.


It’s a puppy cookie!


“Oh, so that’s why the box smelled so good.”


Starts with a few licks…


..then chows down.


Nom nom nom

Up next, a present imported from Colorado…


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what that doggie treat is actually made of but if I had seen that on a dish I probably would not have noticed it was in the shape of a bone, and therefore, not for people, and therefore, I would have taken a bite of it. Poor decision right? Yea. What else is new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Boomka, if Forest liked it then the cookie was probably made out of poop and peanut butter. Yummy :)

    The Iowa family bought the cookie at a doggy bakery (yes, somehow in this economy where all sorts of stores are going out of business and people are losing their jobs, there is an entire bakery that does nothing but make bake treats for dogs, wow). When they went to the bakery to pick up the cookie, a boy and his mom were browsing inside. The kid mentioned that one of the items looked so good that he wanted to eat it. The baker said to go ahead, they use all natural ingredients so it was safe for humans, but the baker warned the boy that he might not like it because the item didn't contain sugar. The kid promptly lost interest.

    ReplyDelete